New Sea Leopard

Design , Outfitting , Skegs , Rudders, Pumps , Sails , Modifications
whale
KAYAK: sea leopard

Re: New Sea Leopard

Postby whale » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:54 am

I've had a sea leopard for a short while and agree with most of what has been said . Into any sort of sea or wind its very comfortable , with it on your back though it gets a bit tricky . I've been sitting further foward in a following sea which improves things markedly but having two different paddling positions isn't practical with a fixed seat so am wondering about the bean bag option suggested by Laurie .
As for the hatch covers , I find them fantastic , Bob showed me the way to seal them and yet to get a drop of water in either . The boat does like to turn into the wind but dropping the rudder firms it up and makes it easy to maintain rythem into a 9 o'clock breeze .

Jon

Raider
KAYAK: Epic 18 X Sport Ultra - Seaward Passat G3 - Tempest 170 Pro - Rosco SR

Postby Raider » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I like the colour quicky.

gages
KAYAK: Nadgee Kayaks

Postby gages » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:28 pm

The bean bag option is not to be sneezed at

It has to be the best seat in the world,when your ass gets sore you can shuffel around a bit and it changes shape relieving the points of pressure that you just had and when you want to lie down and have a nap it makes an awesome pillow as well

You do have to come up with some way of holding it in place in case you come out of your boat but a little bit of rope/line will keep it in place

Raftakayaks
KAYAK: New Generation Sea Leopard

Postby Raftakayaks » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:08 pm

The photo that Quickly posted was a test shot with trestles 600 in from each end to test flex, less than 6mm deviation with 95 kg in it, Sounds pretty minimal to me. But then the sea leopards do have a 6 fabric hull constructin in some areas , giving excepional strength.
Paddle a New Sea Leopard http://raftakayaks.spaces.live.com/

Return to “KAYAK TALK”