Adjusting feather on single piece Braca

Paddles , Epirbs , Cup Holders , Helmets , Radios etc
Forum rules
Please remember this is NOT a commercial forum! Please refer to "Rules of the Forum" for clarification
Poppem
KAYAK: Valley Aquanaut RM LV

Adjusting feather on single piece Braca

Postby Poppem » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:23 am

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has either removed/replaced blades or adjusted feather angle of on a single piece Braca paddle before. A you-tube trawl reveals the Braca assembly process (blade INSERTS into shaft rather than the other way round) and the heating of the shaft/blade joint on other brand paddles to re-warm the glue and remove or adjust the blade. Just wondering if anyone's done it with a Braca Hurricane and if they have any tips etc for the process. Cheers

Camanche73
KAYAK: point 65 XP18, guillemot, BTD Frej, North Sea tourer

Re: Adjusting feather on single piece Braca

Postby Camanche73 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 pm

You could always turn it into a 2 piece and have adjustable angle

Poppem
KAYAK: Valley Aquanaut RM LV

Postby Poppem » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Agreed, that'd be a better option and get some length adjustment too. Its for a 2nd hand paddle which I haven't actually purchased yet but am considering... not worth spending too much on though. Is right length wrong feather. Not sure of Braca shaft internal diameter. I've seen lever lock inserts on ebay but am unsure of quality or if anyone carries them down in Victoria. Any ideas would be welcome asap. Cheers

Terryb
KAYAK: Malestrom

Postby Terryb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:54 am

Brasca paddles are made by Canoe Innovations in Seaford Vic (Steve), Very helpful fellow, ask his advice.

TIMAX
KAYAK: Valley Aqanaut

Postby TIMAX » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:29 am

I remember toying with the idea of making mine a 2 piece and opted out. Research at the time led me to believe the diameter of the shaft was different to most and that the readily available adjusters wouldnt fit. That was with a Carbon/kevlar shaft. Mine was a wing and on that the shaft was glassed on. Loverly paddle though and i didnt want to destroy it.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”