Nordkapp Identification.

General posting
dekkas
KAYAK: Nordkapp

Nordkapp Identification.

Postby dekkas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi there,
I've been Kayaking on sit-ons for about 3 years now. I always wanted to get into sit-in kayaks/canoes but never really got around to it for one reason or another. Usually price. However I happened across a Nordkapp for sale on a forum for $20 and could not resist. I have a small amount of background knowledge in restoration and thought i'll have a go myself at restoring this old girl.

My issue is I can't seem to find any details on the exact Nordkapp i'm attempting to restore. I've spent about maybe 2-3 hours Googling various subjects relating to Nordkapp but cannot find the actual model that I have. Usually I come up with later models with oval shaped hatches etc, but nothing round. I am wondering if anyone out there may know any details on the model I have?

If you do I would love to hear from you as I really want to get this right. Thank you for your time.

Derek
Photo attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Camanche73
KAYAK: point 65 XP18, guillemot, BTD Frej, North Sea tourer

Re: Nordkapp Identification.

Postby Camanche73 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Do you have any pictures of the hull? I used to have an old nordkapp with Henderson hatches and chimp pump similar to that and I think it was one somebody had made at home. It was dam heavy. i am guessing that was an ocean cockpit at one stage?

kkayak
KAYAK: Own design plywood, Nordkapps LV, Valley Gemini ST

Re: Nordkapp Identification.

Postby kkayak » Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Have you read the Nordkapp history at UK Sea Kayak guide?
http://www.ukseakayakguidebook.co.uk/no ... rdkapp.htm

Return to “CHIT-CHAT”