Surfing

General posting
Boatsie
KAYAK: Nadgee Wanderer, 70s glass 15 ft, 2 Winner Otiums

Surfing

Postby Boatsie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Anyone know any sea kayaks getting covered up or barrels. I'm so bored, maybe a fortnight and I'll have roof racks again (wrote my other car off) . My surf kayak was taxed years ago thanks too some five finger discount yet happy as fly lips on shit because I've been looking forward to getting hammered a while now.
I watched YouTube and you guys at Spook? can carve gorgeous style like stars. Love it.
Been earning 25 years to get to a local spot (about 15 mile offshore) but that another year away due to self rescue. Gotta watch the weather and coordinate artic storm for momentum probability reasons but when she's working she a long long long fast pace boredom remover.
It's funny as heading out the harbour webb in a small boat into a gale while 40footers are scrambling for safety away from a beating. Nice runners exist along the outer breakwater, further out found much the same although much longer rides and much less wind, much less frequent of event.
So I figured, if I could barrel or even just hold face with one of the spare boats I'd be able to play easier out there in a harder nice rail ride.
Boredom is that aye.
Fair dinkum about mummies needing be in tomes. Can't explain. Others can knot explain. Best I achieved was lightning like shock of energy from my right palm. Destroyed target of approx 1 cube foot 6m+ from where I was. Can say because wasn't in school. They are like amplifiers. Pyramids that is. Tiger Qin similar. Don't normally care. Makes me look like a weirdo. Problem is we share Earth.

Trippy aye. Fair dinkum

magooch
KAYAK: NC Expedition, CD Sirocco, Old Town Loon and Sevylor Eskimo

Re: Surfing

Postby magooch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:34 am

That all sounds interesting, but I really have no idea what you're saying. You wouldn't be related to a fella named datatroll--would ya?

mattsema4
KAYAK: Valley Nordkapp RM, Epic 18x Sport

Postby mattsema4 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:41 pm

"Been earning 25 years to get to a local spot (about 15 mile offshore)"

Need to keep it real Nathan. Your secret spot is around 24Km off shore. If you are a fast paddler averaging 8Km/hr it will take 3 hours. If you are not then it will take longer. Then you have to be able to paddle home again.
If the spot is in the gulf then it is likely to only work when there is a strong wind driven swell, which will make it more difficult (read impossible/dangerous?)
It is good to dream and a kayak can make some dreams come true.

Matt

Mac50L
KAYAK: Mac50L

Postby Mac50L » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 pm

magooch wrote:That all sounds interesting, but I really have no idea what you're saying. You wouldn't be related to a fella named datatroll--would ya?

You mean you can't pick someone using a random sentence generator when you read one? Do a Google search and you'll find them (random sentence generators). With some you give them hints and they go from there. They don't make any real sense but do fill in a page - or two.

Boatsie

Postby Boatsie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:58 pm

With you Matt,
Be easier aiming at the tits from pt Vincent during a spring ocean momentum and hoping for an early sthwst wind. Seen it so clean, made pt Vincent to outer harbour in 3.5 hrs often planing with a 4 inch draft plus keel 24footer.
As real as. Loved last night sitting on an hourly wage while a truck burnt down on the closed freeway at Bridgewater. Trying to figure how to front mount a cross bar on my little car, a mates willing me to fix valve on high speed rubber duck (tow boat).
I'll be at river in morning grabbing a bag or 2 of rubbish, then more housework, roof racks, etc.
Finally getting nearer to a marine church Sunday.
Looking forward to paddling with you bro. Hoping the 4.5 metre babe comes back, lol, she scares me especially since she was caught getting out of the river water.

Rhysie
KAYAK: P&H Cetus, North Shore Atlantic RM, Valley Sirona RM

Postby Rhysie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:15 am

"Anyone know any sea kayaks getting covered up or barrels."

Not a good idea in a 16'+ sea kayak unless you want to eat shit. I've been unfortunate to find myself in this position several times and it has never ended well. I have tried it in small surf purposely and the results have never been satisfactory. I also have broached early on big waves and found myself in the green room for a glorious 1-2 seconds before being horribly flogged by a nasty vindictive wave.
In decent size waves a sea kayak has too much buoyancy to punch out through the back of the wave and being taken over falls upside down in a sea kayak is a very unpleasant experience.

Boatsie

Postby Boatsie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am

good idea in a 16'+ sea kayak
lol
I'd have loved to see that. With a mate seen a mate knocked out on shoreys while eating dinner on ledge above water on cliff face. He came too and done circles for ages. Lol.
We don't get much hollow down our way, tidy small coverups on clean days. I breach too much in sea kayaks. Don't even know how to hold a face on anything. Will get there, using plastic for waves just in case head absorbant issues arise. Lol.

Return to “CHIT-CHAT”