Welcome to the Forum

General posting
mattsema4
KAYAK: Valley Nordkapp & Gemini SP

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby mattsema4 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks Tim and Max,

I am a new member from Adelaide. I have really enjoy browsing the forum. I have been paddling for over 10 years but have only got serious after retiring from sailboarding 5 years ago. I have progressed from a SOT to PE mid sized kayaks to the Salamander and now awaiting delivery of an Epic 18x.
As a new member it is sometimes a bit intimidating to post with a number of high profile people on the forum. Your welcome is received with gratitude,

Happy paddling to all,

Matt

762cal
KAYAK: Seabird Lunar 12

Postby 762cal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm Bram from Indonesia and currently resides at Wondama Bay, West Papua for work. the sea is terrific and I thought a kayak would be a nice platform to enjoy the view.

I am new to kayaking and just bought my kayak, at the moment it is being transported to my place (it would came 3 days from now :) )

radu.cruceana
KAYAK: P&H Cetus, Shearwater 17"

Postby radu.cruceana » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:21 am

Hello all,

I'm Radu from Romania, 48 yo, work as IT, but as you all passionate of sea kayaking!
I've done several multi days trips on Black Sea and on Danube.
I'm so glad that such a resource full place exist and I thank you all for that.
I have an Okoume Shearwater 17", and until several days ago a Tahe Wind 585.
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jv911
KAYAK: tba

Postby jv911 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. Name is Jeremy but everyone calls me Jez or JV depending on where they know me from.

Looking to get into kayaking for fitness and an alternative to cycling. I live in Drummoyne, NSW so said kayaking will be on the Lane Cove and Parra rivers and Iron Cove. But first to find a suitable kayak!

ErickGriftah
KAYAK: Sea Eagle Razorlite

Postby ErickGriftah » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey everyone. My name is Erik, work with computers (boring) but whenever I have some free time I enjoy paddling my kayak close to my hometown, Barcelona. Since in a small apartment I decided to get myself an inflatable kayak, think it's the best choice ever! Let me know if you have any questions regarding inflatables, I'm sure I can help you out. :)

Paddlehead
KAYAK: Soon to purchace Tidace Excite

Postby Paddlehead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Folks
Pete from Perth, Western Australia. Mad keen paddler, work just gets in the way of life on the water. After many years of most other paddling disciplines my wife and i are enjoying the change to sea kayaks. Whilst one day looking forward to getting a fast cruising sea kayak, i am eagerly waiting to sell my a spec ski so i can replace the plastic Dagger Exodus with a brand new Tiderace Excite.

Thanks Tim for the forum. A great sharing of ideas and information.

Cheers
PaddleHEAD Pete

cockleshelltexan
KAYAK: Wilderness Tsunami 140

Postby cockleshelltexan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:40 am

New member here from Texas. Back into boats after a ten year respite. You can wash the salt out but the memories ( mostly good ) remain. Military veteran, former police officer, historian, stumbled on kayaking after reading about Operation FRANKTON ( 1942 ) in the service in the early 80's.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

Cheers-
Mick
Michael W. ( Mick ) Stewart
Cockleshell Texans

cockleshelltexan
KAYAK: Wilderness Tsunami 140

Postby cockleshelltexan » Wed May 25, 2016 10:51 pm

Hello! Sea Kayaker from Houston, Texas. 2017 marks the 75th Anniversary of Operation FRANKTON, the "Cockleshell Heroes" raid on Bordeaux harbor, December, 1942. We will be commemorating this event in Galveston, Texas. Looking for interested 'yakers to join us.

Cheers, Mick
Michael W. ( Mick ) Stewart
Cockleshell Texans

bluepansy
KAYAK: No, I don't own one

Postby bluepansy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Tim & Max, I 'm new member! :)

I61w
KAYAK: Ocean kayak

Postby I61w » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:07 am

Hi, thanks for the add.

Nobby
KAYAK: Ocean Frenzy

Postby Nobby » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks for allowing me on the forum, I'm new to kayaking, hope to learn lots.

Rob P.
KAYAK: Explorer HV, Delphin, Romany S, SOF

Postby Rob P. » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 am

Hi folks, I'm working in Houston, Texas but one day will be returning to Melbourne. I've been messing about in small boats since ever, and paddling sea kayaks since 2011. I'm a member of HASK (Houston Assoc. of Sea Kayakers). Apart from the Texas coast / lakes / bayous, I have been lucky enough to paddle in the San Juan Islands (Pacific North West) and Tybee Island (Georgia).

Between us, Sandra and I share a fleet which includes a big tandem, a bunch of plastic and glass singles, and a short surf ski. Rack space limits kayak numbers, although I did hang one from the rafters, which was consistent with "no kayaks on the garage floor or on the grass".

I've been doing formal kayak training to improve skills, not to collect qualifications, but currently have BCU 3-Star, and ACA Instructor and trip leader tickets.

Cheers,

Rob Plenderleith
talisker59@yahoo.com.au

surfside
KAYAK: Epic 18x, Nordkapp RM, Avocet Kevlar, Greenland sof, Hurricane Tracer

Postby surfside » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 am

Happy nu year folks. I am Faisal, joining from Dallas Texas. Hey Rob I was at San Luis Pass and Mustang Island in Oct and Nov!

Mulga
KAYAK: Nadgee Solo

Postby Mulga » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 am

Howdy Faisal and welcome :)

Seabird Star
KAYAK: Seabird Discovery and Penguin Q Kayak

Postby Seabird Star » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi all,

Im Julie, brand new to the site, looking to find other paddlers in the Bunbury, WA region. I have a Seabird Discovery and a Penguin Q Kayak. I''m mainly used to inland paddling but am about to move more into ocean. How exciting!

Pctt
KAYAK: Mirage

Postby Pctt » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:18 am

Hello All, First post. We are all just getting to seriously love kayaking, even though there is big difference in what we are comfortable paddling in. PCTT

TIMAX
KAYAK: Valley Aqanaut

Postby TIMAX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 am

Pctt wrote:Hello All, First post. We are all just getting to seriously love kayaking, even though there is big difference in what we are comfortable paddling in. PCTT

Firstly welcome.
I find what im comfortable in changes depending on where i am and what im doing. Probably the reason so many have more than one kayak. :?

Lenny
KAYAK: Seabird Discovery

Postby Lenny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello everyone,

We are Lenny and Georgi and have enjoyed using hire kayaks for a while. We are planning to buy Seabird Discoveries and spend more time on the water, especially when we finish working. We live in Hobart Tasmania Australia.

cheaterparts
KAYAK: Stealth Profisha 525 --- OK Prowler Ultra 4.3.

Postby cheaterparts » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi there I'm a new punter to the forum , my names Stephen but most know me as Cheater I've been a keen kayak fisherman for around 7 years and tend to cover some distance these days

I've upgraded my fishing kayaks a couple of times from a 4.1 meter wavedance king fisher to a Ocean Kayaks Prowler 4.3 and now moved to something longer and faster a Stealth Profisha 525 this has improved my range a lot at 5.25 meters long , 61 cm wide and around 25 kg they are a slick fishing unit
now 30 km days off shore are fairly easy

Living quite near Westernport in Victoria most of my kayaking + fishing is done there but now days we have been heading off shore chasing Pelagics

I have been thinking for some time of building a S+G yak and have looked at a few sea kayak plans - I settle on something soon with maybe a little longer water line than my stealth

NorthSIKer
KAYAK: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Postby NorthSIKer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 pm

cheaterparts wrote:I have been thinking for some time of building a S+G yak and have looked at a few sea kayak plans - I settle on something soon with maybe a little longer water line than my stealth

Stitch and Glue sit-on-top perhaps :D

Welcome to the forum.

Return to “CHIT-CHAT”