Welcome to the Forum

General posting
GAZ001
KAYAK: Taran , LV Nordy , Nadgee, Epic V10.

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Postby GAZ001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm

HI I'm Back
Gaz01 is Gaz001
why???
Gary Forrest
Australian Canoeing Level 2 Sea Instructor
Sunshine Coast Mooloolaba
http://www.queenslandseakayakinstruction.com.au
CU on the water, ipaddle@sea

Judge
KAYAK: Rockpool Taran Epic V10S

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Welcome back Gazoo1
Haven't seen you since Noosa when you were paddling the pink Taran
Catch up on the water soon hey :D

digital_steve
KAYAK: Valley Rapier 20

Postby digital_steve » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 am

Are you six times better than GAZ007?

GAZ001
KAYAK: Taran , LV Nordy , Nadgee, Epic V10.

Postby GAZ001 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 am

digital_steve wrote:Are you six times better than GAZ007?

only the judge can make the decisions..

but i would be up for it ..ha ha ha :D :D :D
Gary Forrest
Australian Canoeing Level 2 Sea Instructor
Sunshine Coast Mooloolaba
http://www.queenslandseakayakinstruction.com.au
CU on the water, ipaddle@sea

Fisherman
KAYAK: Q-Kayak Penguin

Postby Fisherman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Tim & all the other yakers !

I'm in Perth Western Australia and this is my first post.
I'm very new to the sport and i'm seeking to buy my first kayak.
Living 15 minutes from the Indian Ocean & 30 minutes from the Swan river gives me some lovely places to go but I think I will be on the ocean more than the river so I'm looking for a sea kayak.
Your opinions and views will be of great value as I'm sure you will all know there's a lot to chose from out there and according to all the brands 'theirs is the best' ! ( of course )
I'm 84 kgs, 1.8m tall and wish I was younger but hey still fit
Ive been advised to look for - as light as possible, minimum 5mts, decent beam for stability but not too much as it will be a bugger to paddle !
That leaves about 100 boats to choose from ! :lol:
Ill be interested in hearing back from anyone with there experiences and thoughts !

Good paddling -

Fisherman

laurie-goes
KAYAK: Paddle

Postby laurie-goes » Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I'm looking forward to know you guys and share each other's ideas.

:-) Laurie

Wattie
KAYAK: Tahe Greenland T

Postby Wattie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Fisherman wrote:Hi Tim & all the other yakers !

I'm in Perth Western Australia and this is my first post.
I'm very new to the sport and i'm seeking to buy my first kayak.
Living 15 minutes from the Indian Ocean & 30 minutes from the Swan river gives me some lovely places to go but I think I will be on the ocean more than the river so I'm looking for a sea kayak.
Your opinions and views will be of great value as I'm sure you will all know there's a lot to chose from out there and according to all the brands 'theirs is the best' ! ( of course )
I'm 84 kgs, 1.8m tall and wish I was younger but hey still fit
Ive been advised to look for - as light as possible, minimum 5mts, decent beam for stability but not too much as it will be a bugger to paddle !
That leaves about 100 boats to choose from ! :lol:
Ill be interested in hearing back from anyone with there experiences and thoughts !

Good paddling -

Fisherman

Hi Fisherman. Are you after a fishing kayak or a sit-in kayak?

michaelainsworth
KAYAK: 8 metre Two man sea kayak, Komodo made by Australis Kayaks

Postby michaelainsworth » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Like to say Hi, just joined the Forum. Live Wollongong NSW, been around water all my life. Have an 8 meter two man sea kayak- Komodo, made by Australis Kayaks. Done mainly rivers and lakes with my wife but now introducing her to open water. We are both comfortable in water and really enjoy getting and camping. At present about to embark on
a weeks trip around Hinchinbrook Island.
Our kayak is equipped with handheld marine radio, Garmin gps, compass and Epirb. Before each sea trip we log onto the local marine rescue guys and let them know our movements.
Maybe see some of you out there.
Michael.

Random
KAYAK: Tahe Wind 585

Postby Random » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:38 am

michaelainsworth wrote:Like to say Hi, just joined the Forum. Live Wollongong NSW, been around water all my life. Have an 8 meter two man sea kayak- Komodo, made by Australis Kayaks. Done mainly rivers and lakes with my wife but now introducing her to open water. We are both comfortable in water and really enjoy getting and camping. At present about to embark on
a weeks trip around Hinchinbrook Island.
Our kayak is equipped with handheld marine radio, Garmin gps, compass and Epirb. Before each sea trip we log onto the local marine rescue guys and let them know our movements.
Maybe see some of you out there.
Michael.

Welcome Michael, this is one of the best kayak forums ever with tons of valuable info and knowledge by very helpful and nice guys. You sure are very responsible for taking a lot of safety measures. Excellent Michael..! ;)
Leave it to Random to needlessly complicated things

Vaganzza
KAYAK: Tahe Marine Wind Solo

Postby Vaganzza » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Stefaan from Belgium.

I'm a new paddler. :ugeek: I'm looking for some information about kayaks, because I want to buy an allround boat for a decent price. Hopefully I will find here the information to make my choice easier. :D

nothomeyet
KAYAK: Aquaterra Scimitar

Postby nothomeyet » Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi, new member here. I'm a novice but have really started to enjoy my paddling and checking out the coastline of Shikoku, Japan, where I currently live. Tokushima, to be exact, has a wonderful, scenic coastline with a lot of interesting paddling possibilities. I haven't ventured too far from the shore yet to reach the many small outcrops within striking distance, but given a relatively windfree day I'll venture out to test my stamina etc.
As a surfer I love being close to the water and kayaking gives me the privelege of indulging my love of the water, while teaching me new skills and a new appreciation of the affect of wind, tide and current. I paddle my old, el cheapo Scimitar whenever the mood takes me as there is so much water so close to my home. (Cue PK, but without the sinister overtones). Unfortunately I paddle alone, but the locals get a blast seeing a foreigner glide past or under.
Anyway, my stint here is almost over and I'll be back in Brisneyland in a few months looking to buy another el cheapo kayak and resume my endeavours. I think it's a good idea to join The Qld Kayaking Club (???) to gain skills and confidence before branching out into a more expensive, willing craft.
Ideas?

gbc
KAYAK: paddleyak kingfisher, emotion exhilarator, valley aquanaut, rosco canadian 15 , rosco tk1

Postby gbc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit of a lurker, haven't done any posting but a bit of looking. I've been a social paddler since I was a kid growing up in Hervey Bay in the 70s. In the local sea scouts we'd paddle a fair bit.
Heading up the upper Noosa river (sites 4 and 13 booked) for a couple of nights kayak camping this weekend - got a rare leave pass from the mrs and kids. I'll be the single bloke with the yellow/white paddleyak and the mosquito hammock if anyone happens to be up that way.

Regards,

Cameron.

AgnesBouvion
KAYAK: PH CETUS

Postby AgnesBouvion » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Agnès, I'm a 32 years-old French lady, and I've started to practice seaKayak 1 year ago.

I'm currently looking for some sea kayak to purchase because I still don't have my own one.
I'm involved in a Kayak club back in France and I'd like to learn also from foreigners as sea Kaya is not so popular in france.

I hope I'll learn some usefull advise/practice here.

See you!

kiwikayaker
KAYAK: Q Kayak "Southern Skua'/Cobra 'Marauder'/Mission 'Flow'

Postby kiwikayaker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Been reading the forum for a while and has been a fantastic source of information. I have been kayaking for around 8 years, mainly kayak fishing but recently bought a sea kayak and now spend more time in that than I do fishing!

Planning a heap of trips this coming summer and can't wait to start exploring some new places.

Cheers,

Jason :)

Gray Raider
KAYAK: Epic V10, Rockpool Taran, Tippy K1, Raider X, Mirage 22S, Epic V10S, Half a K2

Postby Gray Raider » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Jason,
Always keen to welcome fellow Kiwi's to the forum. Despite most of the followers of the forum being Aussies they are all good blokes....
Now would seem like a good time to mention the Bledisloe, but I guess we should wait until we have both hands on it, great first game though.
For someone starting out with sea kayaking you will a wealth of knowledge on the forum and not too much bullshit

GR

kiwikayaker
KAYAK: Q Kayak "Southern Skua'/Cobra 'Marauder'/Mission 'Flow'

Postby kiwikayaker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Gray Raider wrote:Hi Jason,
Always keen to welcome fellow Kiwi's to the forum. Despite most of the followers of the forum being Aussies they are all good blokes....
Now would seem like a good time to mention the Bledisloe, but I guess we should wait until we have both hands on it, great first game though.
For someone starting out with sea kayaking you will a wealth of knowledge on the forum and not too much bullshitGR

Hey GR. Yeah was a good game, I have actually just this minute finished watching a replay as being a shift worker I missed the game on Saturday night. Looking forward to next Saturday ;)

Aussies are all good (I am married to one!). I lived in Western Australia for several years and really enjoyed it. Would like to get over there for some paddling at some stage.

Certainly looks like my kind of forum. I am active on a few NZ kayaking forums but they are mostly fishing focused.

Cheers.

Kayaker Greg
KAYAK: Breaksea, Beachcomber, Slingshot, Stellar SES, SEL, Fenn Swordfish, stick for bivy, wing for fast

Postby Kayaker Greg » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 am

Oh yeah, about that Bledisloe, and the Rugby Championship....anyway welcome Jason, we have a reasonably active Face Book Group for general kayaking interest, if you can get over any Auckland dislike and you have a Face Book account, its a closed group but is not limited to Auckland based paddlers. Be happy to have you belong.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/347555145304969/

Adstar
KAYAK: Prijon Kodiak

Postby Adstar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi all,

First time poster after buying my first Sea Kayak this morning. Caught the bug when I borrowed a mate's a couple of months ago and spent a few days tooling around Port Stephens.

Looking forward to the first paddle on Lake Burley Griffin on the new Prijon Kodiak tomorrow morning and then a few weeks back in Port Stephens over Xmas. Looking at a paddle up the Myall River during that time too.

Cheers

Ads

Garry
KAYAK: Sladecraft Comet ,Mirage 580

Postby Garry » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Port Stephens is a great place to get used to your boat. No matter what the weather is doing there is an option. Once you feel confident and your skills grow pick a good day and check out Yacaba Headland from the seaward side, magnificent. On days of inclement weather, Myall River is a great paddle, especially from Tea Gardens to the mouth at Port Stephens, guarantee you will paddle with dolphins at some stage. Get a local tide chart though, you can do it easy or get a hard workout battling the tidal flow. At low tide in Port Stephens on the Jimmys Beach side, many small sandspits and islands will appear, you can have them to yourself.
I need to getup there. Hope you get as much enjoyment from the sport as I do. Cheers.

Adstar
KAYAK: Prijon Kodiak

Postby Adstar » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks Garry - I grew up in Nelson Bay but spent my youth outside the Port surfing. While I still like getting out on the Malibu every so often I am looking forward to some leisurely hours inside the heads.

The first time I borrowed my mates kayak I had a turtle surface next to me and a pod of dolphins follow me for about 20 minutes. All of this less than 500 m off Bagnall's Beach. Wasn't hard to get instantly hooked.

2 weeks to go and I'll be back up there, can't wait.

Ads

Return to “CHIT-CHAT”