Travelling to Western Australia

Want Someone to paddle with?
Forum rules
WARNING: Participation in any events organised using the Trips section is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member, nor the administration of the SEAKAYAKFORUM , can accept any reponsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from any trips.
Maccas
KAYAK: Tiderace Pace17, Valley Aquanaut, Tahe Marine Bay Spirit & Sea Bear Packhorse Double

Travelling to Western Australia

Postby Maccas » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:15 am

My wife and I are travelling through WA over the next few months. Currently at Ceduna will hit Esperance on the Anzac Day weekend. We would appreciate any advice from those paddlers in WA on locations we should visit for a paddle day/overnight? Hopefully we will bump into some paddlers along the way, going as far north as Broome then home across the top to QLD.

Brodie
KAYAK: Epic 16X - Tempest 170 Pro

Re: Travelling to Western Australia

Postby Brodie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:10 pm

I think you might possibly be the same Macca that posted on the Albany Sea Kayak facebook page this today? If so it'll be good to see you in early May.
My experience is fairly limited and Gavin, Chris and Les Allen from the club will have some more ideas... but if I was travelling through this region the one short paddle I would definitely go on is from Greens Pool to Elephant Rocks and Madfish Bay in William Bay National Park, just east of Denmark. It's a great place to explore, relax have a picnic lunch etc in lagoon like conditions.

Also, the paddle from Two Peoples Bay National Park, past Little Beach to Secret Cove and around Coffin Island is one I really enjoy. There is usually a group/pack/gang? of seals on the island...the southern end of Coffin Island can get quite demanding in rough conditions with many bombies but the northern end is usually fairly protected even on big swell days.

Enjoy your trip.

Maccas
KAYAK: Tiderace Pace17, Valley Aquanaut, Tahe Marine Bay Spirit & Sea Bear Packhorse Double

Postby Maccas » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks Brodie, yes indeed I joined the Albany group last night always good to tap into the locals. They sound like a couple of good paddles we will look at, hopefully hook up with some locals for a paddle as well.
Team Macca

sandym
KAYAK: Prijon Marlin

Postby sandym » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:31 pm

When you get up north you should paddle Shark Bay and Ningaloo Reef. Both excellent for multi-day trips.

Wanderer1960
KAYAK: Qk quality kayak. ( NZ ) model ? Old

Postby Wanderer1960 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 am

Hi all I live in Broome WA a small group of us are planning to paddle from Coral Bay to Exmouth
In early July
We are in the early stages of organising this trip
We are planing to have some ground support
as well. We are planning on spaceing it out over
Five days, as it's only about 130 kilometres
We will have plenty of time for fishing, snorkelling campfire etc
My question is to anyone that may have done
This paddle before.
Any tips?
Wanderer1960

Return to “TRIPS & EVENTS”