My photos taken during kayaking trip

Discuss cameras, techniques, tips and tricks, and post your favorite photos and videos.
Forum rules
NO commercial posts please
gnarlydog
KAYAK: skegged kayaks (6) with traditional paddles

Re: My photos taken during kayaking trip

Postby gnarlydog » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:04 pm

Geoff wrote:Spot on Jeff. I see a growing community of very (software) skilled photographers in Tasmania that produce impressive images in nature. It would be an interesting exercise to take these people out for a day of black and white photography......

and
Geoff wrote:For myself, I prefer to see an image that while being impressive is still believable. It's nice to know that you could have been there witnessing that spectacle, rather than looking at it and thinking "impressive but impossible in real life".

I am not sure I follow you but my eyes don't see in black and white ;) Images in black and white are highly unreal to me, possibly more than the ones presented here initially but convention has told me that black and white images are real? I have stepped back and assessed what convention was telling me what is real and what is not and suddenly my eyes and mind really opened.

I forgot which famous photographer said: "All images are real, all images are fake"

Geoff
KAYAK: Rockpool Taran 18,Rockpool GT, Rockpool Alaw Bach, SeaKayakingUK Explorer HV

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:33 am

When you take images in black and white Gnarly, composition is key. It removes all of the colour pizzazz and if it's a shit image, it will be obvious.

Geoff

mankayak
KAYAK: netrix - http://seapro.co.il/kayaks-and-accessor ... hing-kayak

Postby mankayak » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:03 pm

VERY NICE photos Henry , very interesting.

Return to “PHOTOGRAPHY”