GoPor hero 5

Discuss cameras, techniques, tips and tricks, and post your favorite photos and videos.
Forum rules
NO commercial posts please
Paddle Dog 52
KAYAK: Current Designs / Solstice GT, Nomad, Extreme HV, Libra XT tandem.

GoPor hero 5

Postby Paddle Dog 52 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:49 pm

any users yet on the new nodel? Wondering about voice command features and how they work on a kayak in the wind? Thanks

Paddle Dog 52
KAYAK: Current Designs / Solstice GT, Nomad, Extreme HV, Libra XT tandem.

Re: GoPor hero 5

Postby Paddle Dog 52 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:00 am

Paddle Dog 52 wrote:any users yet on the new nodel? Wondering about voice command features and how they work on a kayak in the wind? Thanks

oh well gopro and model my bad

Geoff
KAYAK: Rockpool Taran 18,Rockpool GT, Rockpool Alaw Bach, SeaKayakingUK Explorer HV

Postby Geoff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:41 pm

From the reviews so far the GoPro doesn't seem as good at voice commands as the new Garmin Virb Ultra 30 which seems to be very responsive to commands. I have studdied as many reviews as I can and intend to purchase a Virb. The G Metrics are very impressive too.
Geoff

Geoff
KAYAK: Rockpool Taran 18,Rockpool GT, Rockpool Alaw Bach, SeaKayakingUK Explorer HV

Postby Geoff » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 am

Had the Virb for a little while now and can't fault it. Admittedly I dont bother with the voice commands but I do use a Garmin Remote which is pretty damn good. https://vimeo.com/196993025

Simonl
KAYAK: Prijon Kodiak (Mango)

Postby Simonl » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi there,

I got a go pro hero 5 session. I have used the voice command extensively and found it to be very good up to about 1.5 - 2 metres but next to useless in windy conditions. I suspect I will find out this weekend how well it work on my kayak but I think the voice comman will be limited at sea. I'm not too fussed by this because I intend to buy a waterproof wrist remote. However, if you are planning on using only the voice command then you will find it a bit limiting in typical conditions found while sea kayaking, unless of course it's a flat and dead calm day.

The rest of the camera I cannot fault. The sound above and below water is extraordinary as is the picture quality and range of settings.

Simon

Return to “PHOTOGRAPHY”