Skin on frame , Strip built , Stitch & glue , Lets see whats happening in the boat shed.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:43 am
- KAYAK: At the moment nothing I am going to build 2 SOF kayks
- Location: SA Barossa /Lyndoch
I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the Ballistic nylon I can ge ti nice and tight heat gun or out in the sun about 27c. Its like a drum but as soon as the temperature drops down to about 23C it goes slightly slack Can it be tightened even more once it has been shrunk.
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:27 pm
- KAYAK: Strip built sea kayaks, TK1 and K1s, SOF Sea kayak,TC1, C1 all designed with Kayak Foundry.
- Location: Tuross Head, NSW
Unlike polyester, nylon needs to be sewn on so that it is quite tight. Heat shrinking has a limited effect.
The tendency to relax when cold and wet reduces over time.
Return to “KAYAK BUILDING”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest