Ваідарка

Skin on frame , Strip built , Stitch & glue , Lets see whats happening in the boat shed.
Boatsie
KAYAK: Nadgee Wanderer, 70s glass 15 ft, 2 Winner Otiums

Ваідарка

Postby Boatsie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 am

I was wondering if anyone paddles an inverted bow similar to old pictures I haven't of a Russian vaydapka (ваідарка) .
I was looking at a fid and it makes sense that besides a small portion of deck below, she'd have a quick low water area plane. Aft could capture return displacement pressure and steer her good enough. There being no need for skeg nor rudder makes perfect sense for an easy lay with hardest portion being aft chines.
I have nothing better to do with a few years besides work and paddle so just hoping someone might have some insights too share and/or some old photos of inverted bows in particular.
Weird thoughts here... Increasing waterline yet she just wants to be plane. Sort of similar to the white water girls, they look gorgeous up on plane so quick just too short to relax stride distances.
My local waterway is majority long paddle but would be nice to have a planer with length for about 300m at 5 knot with a 7 km stride either side.

Boatsie
KAYAK: Nadgee Wanderer, 70s glass 15 ft, 2 Winner Otiums

Re: Ваідарка

Postby Boatsie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:06 pm

I just thinking it would be a bit of hitNmiss fun.
Seen seriousness before with highly polished slippery as hulls being out sped by fine golf ball like Hull skins that were trapping water drops and using such as water on water ball bearings.
Basically all in the aid of less effort lol

Return to “KAYAK BUILDING”