POSTING PICTURES

Login Issues or Not sure how to post a picture or anything else just ask.
admin
Site Admin

POSTING PICTURES

Postby admin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Photo's can be loaded via the "upload attachment" bar at the bottom of the "post a new topic" page.
The file size limit is 450kb. I find resizing a picture to 400 pixels wide or 16cm at 72 dpi gives a loadable size.
Alternatively using an image host like http://photobucket.com/ will allow for larger images.
When using a host you copy or drag and drop the IMG file into the body of your text. This is my prefered method.

Colyak
KAYAK: Impex Currituk, Natureline Mermaid

Re: POSTING PICTURES

Postby Colyak » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Do you have a size limitation when the image is hosted externally? Usually other forums suggest about 800 x 600pixels to save the dial-up users any grief.
Col
I'd rather be wet than bored!
www.frozentime.com.au

TIMAX
KAYAK: Valley Aqanaut

Postby TIMAX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 pm

I use the 640x480 size on Photobucket. It is plenty big enough.
Dial up users who don't want any pictures at all can click a box in their User Control Panel otherwise , yes smaller is better.

peejay
KAYAK: Dancer, P&H Scorpio LV Mk2, Hybrid 550 Tiderace Xplore'L

Postby peejay » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 pm

How do I include a jpeg image in the body of the "post a reply" screen??
Managed it on the old forum format but can't seem to manage it with this new look.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 pm

picture test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David Winkworth
KAYAK: Nadgees

Postby David Winkworth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

HELP PLEASE:
How do I include a picture in the body of a posted reply? - I don't want to use photobucket - I just want to drop in a jpeg now and then.
Nothing I've tried so far seems to work.

Jmuzz
KAYAK: Nordkapp, V10, K1

Postby Jmuzz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:54 am

1: browse to find the file, or drag and drop the file into the box left of Browse
2: Add a comment, optional
3: Click "Add the file", wait for scrolly box to finish, it sometimes dies or rejects the picture for being too big
4: If it uploaded then the filename should be showing here
5: Put the cursor where you want the picture (after a paragraph etc), select desired picture (if you loaded multiple), "Place Inline"
6: Picture command inserted, dont edit that text between the [ ] brackets

screen033.jpg

I think easier to just host externally most of the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nifty
KAYAK: P&H Cetus, fiberglass...P&H Delphin..

Postby nifty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

after all these years of being on the forum I still haven't worked out how to download an Avatar for myself. I've resized a picture to 111 x83, put it into a folder on my desktop and no matter what I do it will just NOT submit. Please, some of you Blokes may be able to give me some more ideas, it's just an ordinary pic downsized to below the recommended size. Thanks,, Nifty :oops: :oops: :oops:

TIMAX
KAYAK: Valley Aqanaut

Postby TIMAX » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Ok some people seem to be having problems posting pics so here is some info.
1-AVATARS minimum size is 80x80 pixels and the largest is 111x111 pixels. So you can have a 111x80 or 80x80 or 111x111 or anything in between. Go To User Control Panel -Profile-Edit Avatar. You can upload direct to the site. Please note you will have to resize your image to the above sizes yourself. The board cant do that automatically. Any problems just ask me and ill help or do it for you. ;)

2-PICTURES - I quite like hosting my images externally in a site like PHOTOBUCKET. There are many. When you do this you can just insert the image code into your text. Photobucket will resize for you

If however you do not want to use an external application then you can refer to JMUZZ post above and upload direct to the site by clicking on "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" bellow the new post text box .1000 pixels on the long size of your image is about right. Select the image and hit the "ADD THE FILE" button.
Do a test here if you want to see how it will look.

Tim

Return to “FORUM HELP”